Start date: 01/04/2017
Duration: 36 months
End date: 31/03/2020
Project Coordinator: Rajendra Akerkar, from WNRI
Consortium: 8 partners (2 from Norway, 2 from Japan, 3 from USA and 1 from Hong Kong)
The primary objective of the BDEM project is to develop a highly visible international partnership to share best practices and, build and strengthen research - training cooperation among BDEM partners in big data and emergency management.
- To develop and implement creative workshops in Norway;
- To cooperate on curriculum development and implementation of innovative Master level courses and course modules;
- To plan and develop research project proposals and grant applications for international research projects, to be submitted to various international research grant organisations;
- To produce joint survey papers and popular articles of high standards, the publication of which will further motivate the development and continuation of a long-term, international partnership;
- To establish and encourage knowledge transfer through researcher, faculty and student mobility.